Monday, July 18, 2011

My mom emptied my bank account, will I ever see my money again?

My mom works for the state, and when I began working at the age of 16, we opened an account at the State Employee's Credit Union because of the awesome rates. The only thing was that her name had to be on one of my accounts for me to be eligible for the account. I opened a checking account in my name, and both of our names were on my savings account. Fast forward three years later, and at 19, I had roughly $10,000 in the bank. Less than $200 of it was in my checking account, because I like to keep my savings and make sure I draw as much interest as possible. My mother and I got into an argument this morning over online shopping. Although I'm an adult, and making smart purchases and things, she decides that to "teach me a lesson" she is going to empty out my bank account. I haven't had the opportunity to speak with my mother yet, but as far as I am concerned, I have been stolen from. My hard earned money has been taken away from me. I know the law is a little messed up when it comes to joint accounts, but is there any way I could possibly get my money back? I love my mom very much, and the thought of taking her to court seems unreal. I feel hurt and betrayed, and I'm not sure what I need to do. Either way, I am really going to need my money back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment